Frequently Asked Questions For the Bride & Groom when planning a Lake Tahoe Wedding
Let The Landing Resort & Spa in South Lake Tahoe help you plan your dream wedding ceremony and reception. We’ll work with you to put your vision into place, using our Lake Tahoe wedding venues with stunning views to set a romantic and elegant ambiance for you and your guests. From crafting a unique dining experience to planning five-star lodging accommodations for guests, The Landing Resort & Spa will be there every step of the way.
What are the responsibilities of our experienced Wedding Specialists?
Our Wedding Specialists will help you create a one-of-a-kind event that is truly personal and unforgettable for you and your guests
• Make recommendations for Special Event Professionals to include wedding coordination, entertainment, floral, photography, ceremony officiate and amenities.
• Act as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections.
• Detail your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume outlining your entire event.
• Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule.
• Create a floor plan of your venue space, in order for you to provide seating arrangements.
• Oversee the ceremony and reception room(s) set-up, food preparation and other hotel operations.
• Ensure a seamless transition to the hotel’s Banquet Captain once the Grand Entrance has occurred.
• Review your banquet checks for accuracy, prior to the completion of the final bill.
• Create a time line for your entire wedding day including the ceremony and reception.
• Work with you to organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal. Remind bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day.
• Be the liaison with your family, bridal party, band/DJ, florist, photographer and other wedding vendors to create seamless operation.
• Coordinate with bridal couple on programs, escort cards, place cards, favors and any personal items.
• Coordinate your actual ceremony (line up bridal party, assist bride with dress.)
• Collect any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception.
What other services can The Landing Resort & Spa provide for my event?
As Lake Tahoe's newest boutique hotel, The Landing Resort & Spa can also provide a wide spectrum of specialty items and enhancements to help personalize your stay to include but not limited to: chairs, specialty linens, and specialty china, rehearsal dinner, day after wedding brunch, décor and menu cards. Our team can also assist you with welcome wedding baskets and luxury hotel ammenities, bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts to add a personal touch to your wedding celebration.
Can The Landing Resort & Spa Wedding Specialist recommend a good minister, photographer, or florist?
We provide a list of preferred wedding vendors who know our resort and whom we can trust to meet the high standards we set for weddings at The Landing Resort &Spa.
Where do I get my marriage license?
The Landing Resort & Spa is located in California, requiring a California marriage license.
What is the average cost per person for food and beverage?
The average food and beverage cost is $80 - $100 per person for weddings at The Landing Resort, most of our couples spend an average of $150 - $200 per person at their event.
Can food or beverage be brought in from the outside?
The Landing Resort & Spa provides all food & beverage services for your event. Our talented and experienced dinning staff can offer complete menu consultation and excellent recommendations to customize an event.
When do I need to finalize my menu?
Food and beverage selections must be finalized and confirmed with your Wedding Specialist two weeks prior to the date of your wedding. Your final guest count or guarantee is due two weeks prior to the wedding.
Do you provide children’s and vendor meals?
Children and vendor meals are customized to the needs of your event.
Can I host my ceremony only at The Landing Resort & Spa?
Yes, we offer rehersal services, ceremony and reception services.
Where does the bridal party get ready before the wedding?
Many of our brides choose to stay with us the evening before their wedding and therefore have the use of their room for changing. Your florist, bridesmaids and family members may bring any flowers and dresses into your room.
How do I secure my wedding date and venue?
With a signed wedding agreement and deposit. Please contact Wedding Sales [email protected] or 530.541.5263 for more information on booking your Lake Tahoe wedding with us.
What are the deposits based on and when are they due?
A 25% deposit is required upon booking to confirm and guaranteed your wedding date.
Cancellations Terms & Conditions: Wedding deposits are non-refundable.